Independent / Shared Living
STA / RESPITE
Our tailored short term accommodation (STA) services provide top quality supports to children and adults with disability in the Melbourne metropolitan and northern regions. We support more than a 100 customers with our personalised and flexible STA programs. Our facilities are purpose-built, fully accessible and fitted with appropriate assistive technologies.
To ensure safety and comfort, the compatibility of our customers is essential. We consider the age, needs, interests and wishes off each customer to provide them with the very best stay.
Our experienced and extensively trained staff provide 24 hour support to all STA customers and have passed police checks and Working with Children checks. In order to provide our customers with a high quality service, we tailor the training of our staff to match the individual requirements of each customer.
Specialised Short Term Accommodation for Young Adults
Our adult respite program focuses on providing a fun and engaging respite for young adults between the ages 16 – 25 years.
Our Young adults Respite consists of an action/fun filled day and ending it with a daily peer session. Listed below are some of our activity partners for out active and engaging respite.
Joining/learning to swim with our swimming program at Ivanhoe Aquatic Centre
Joining our Basketball programs at the Latrobe University Sport Stadium; – Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced groups.
Entry to a fun filled day at Bundoora farm/park including animal petting and gardening.
*All of these activities are subject to availability and suitability for each client.
Our short-term accommodation facilities are located in Preston, Bundoora and in the Melbourne CBD.
See out attached brochure for more info on our Young Adults STA Program.
If you are after a more permanent accommodation option, we can help. Our accommodation services will assist you to find a place to live.
Our STA Services include:
- Experienced and trained support staff
- 24-hour service
- Support with personal care, mobility, medication management and meal requirements such as meal-time management and specialised dietary requirements
- Internet access
- Fully accessible facilities, purpose built bathrooms
- Accessible vehicles
- Specialised dietary requirement meals
- A focus on skill development, community inclusion, social and recreational activities
- Outdoor play and entertaining areas
- Capacity building and independence
Supported Independent Living (SIL)
At connect care we offer accommodation that lets you live as independently as possible, with added support for daily living, including grocery shopping and meal planning, administering medication and assistance with personal care and attending health-related appointments. Our team is always on hand to help out, offering one-on-one assistance whenever you need it.
Connect Care Services will assist with supervision or assist with your daily tasks, helping you grow, and enabling you to live in a home space that caters to your particular needs. This, in turn, will permit you to access your highest possible quality of life
Our SIL services include
- Money management.
- Cooking healthy meals.
- Support in maintaining your home, such as cleaning and doing laundry.
- Continual, round-the-clock support for those with complex needs.
- Access to speech therapy services.
- The ability to customize and adopt treatments advised by your physicians, adopted into the comfortable environment of your home.
- Active encouragement.
- Community with others in Connect Care support network.
- Safety and security as an essential provision.